Sunday, March 21, 2010

Salmon Cakes




Salmon cakes...before I learned of crab cakes and after I learned about Connors canned fish cakes. My Florida friends will have no idea what those are, and I am unsure if they missed something or not. I grew up with these from left over salmon or even canned salmon.
1/4 cup green onions chopped about 3
1/4 cup chopped red pepper about 1/4
1/4 cup bread crumbs panko preferred
1/4 cup mayo
Mix above well. Add:
1 egg beaten
12 oz cooked salmon left over or canned or that new fangled pouched
form into 8 balls and roll in
1 cup breadcrumbs
salt pepper
flatten into cakes
fry over medium heat approx 4 minutes per side until golden brown

1 comment:

  1. Easy recipe for the Salmon Cakes, Loney! Best of all - which enhances the taste IMO - is the Panko. One shouldn't skip it for cheaper alternatives! Let's see which recipe I'll try next! :-) Cheers, Julie

    ReplyDelete