Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gerry's Carrot Cake


Back in the early 80's I brought a Charlotte County card game to Saint John "63"
Because it is a partnered game needing four players it was a struggle to obtain regulars. Judith introduced me to Gerry and we began a weekly card night which lasted about a year. Gerry introduced me to this carrot cake and I have been hooked since.
A few years later I had the pleasure of working with Gerry's beautiful neice Veronica. Reconnecting with her on facebook I was told of and saddened by Gerry's untimely passing.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking pwd
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup veg oil
2 eggs
1 cup finely grated carrot
1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1 tsp vanilla

Combine ingredients as given. Beat at medium speed 4 minutes. You could add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts at this point.
Bake in greased and floured bundt pan (or 9x9x2) at 350 x 50 minutes
Cool 10 minutes remove from pan to rack and allow to cool completely.

Frost with:

6 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp butter
3 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend with mixer 1 minute until smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment